Here are few important details to keep in mind and to prepare while planning
your honeymoon, especially if you are traveling to another country. Using
a travel agent will help ensure that all your plans run smoothly and efficiently. And
of course, make sure you and your sweetheart have set the budget for the
honeymoon and have discussed possible destinations that you both agree on.
- Make sure you have obtained your passports and they are up to date (you
wouldn't want them to expire while
you are away). Also check to see if the country you are traveling to
requires you to have a visa to visit.
- Purchase travel insurance in case of illness. You can purchase this
insurance either through your bank or travel
- Since you'll be booking everything (airfare, hotel rooms, rental cars,
etc) before your last name changes,
be sure to use your maiden name so it doesn't cause problems.
- Check with your bank to make sure your A.T.M card will work in a foreign
country. Make a note of the type
of systems your bank uses (Visa/Plus, Cirrus, Star, etc.)
- It would be a good idea to exchange currency before you leave the country
so that you'll have some on
hand when arriving in your destination. More can be exchanged at
a better rate once you arrive.
- Check with your doctor about getting vaccinated after you've researched
the country's website for any health issues
or immunization requirements.
- You'll want to make sure that your cell phone will be GSM ready for
you to be able to make international
phone calls. You can call your cell phone provider for that information.
- Purchase power converters if going out of the country.
- Leave your itinerary including phone numbers with family and friends so
that they can reach you if need be.
- Make arrangements with a boarding kennel or with family and friends so
that your pet(s) are taken care of while
- Also make arrangements with someone to collect your mail, water plants,
and watch your place overall.