Questions to ask Your Prospective Videographer
How long have you been in business?
- Be sure to watch their work from past weddings. Ask to see an actual ceremony, along with a photo montage or highlight reel.
- How many weddings have you videoed?
- Is he/she a member of any national or local video associations?
- Has he/she ever worked with your other vendors before?
- What do their camera operators wear during your wedding?
- Has he/she ever shot a wedding/reception at your locations before? If so, ask to see the footage.
- What type of packages/pricing to they offer? What all does the package include? (Like how many hours of coverage and editing or how many cameras/camera operators does it include. Also ask about extras like photo montages, special packaging and how many copies you will be receiving.)
- How do your camera operators make sure that collectively they are getting the best shots during the wedding/reception?
- What do they do if there are any rules and regulations on equipment set up at the ceremony location?
- Do they have any rules about guests being allowed to bring their own videocameras?
- What types of cameras, tapes, lighting and microphones will the videographer use? How new is the equipment? It might all sound like a foreign language to you so ask him/her to break down the benefits of using this equipment.
- How will they ensure that their camera operators will not be obstructive during the ceremony?
- How long will it take after the wedding is over to get the finished product?
- What are his/her cancellation, deposit and payment policies?
- Why should you hire them over any other Videographer?
- Any question or concern you have should be asked about, whether you think it may be important or not.